Dear Readers, Welcome to STEAM ENGINE Lab VIVA Interview Questions and Answers have been designed specially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your Job interview for the subject of STEAM ENGINE Lab VIVA Questions. These STEAM ENGINE Lab VIVA Questions are very important for campus placement test and job interviews. As per my experience good interviewers hardly plan to ask any particular questions during your Job interview and these model questions are asked in the online technical test and interview of many IT & Non IT Industries.
1. Steam engines depend for their operation on the power of the steam.
2. The expansion ratio in steam engines is limited due to
3. The ratio of expansion in simple steam engines is of the order of
4. The efficiency of steam engines is dependend largely on the value of the
5. The ratio of area of actual indicator diagram to the area of theoretical card is called
6. The mechanical efficiency of steam increases as the load
7. Condensation losses in steam engine are related to the temperature difference existing in the cylinder which can be reduced by using
8. result in overall improvement in performance and water rate, and also reduces the cylinder condensation.
9. The efficiency of steam engines is expressed in terms of _______.
10. In ______arrangement of steam engine, the temperature of the residual steam at the end of compression is high which results in economy of steam.
11. Steam engine economy may be improved by separation of inlet and outlet ports, applying steam jackets to cylinders and heads, and using
12. Losses in steam engine cylinders are due to incomplete expansion, initial condensation, radiation and
13. cycle is the accepted thermodynamic standard for comparing the performance of the steam engine.
14. There is no compression or clearance in the _______.
2. practical losses
4. ratio of expansion
5. diagram factor
7. cylinders in series
9. kg of steam per h.p. hour
11. multiple expansion
14. Rankine cycle