1. Why you have chosen the field of a Dentist?
I chose the area of Dentist because of my interest in this field. I always want some new discovery in this field to make the world free from the mouth disease. I believe smile is the key for success and for this you should have good and proper teeth.
2. What do you mean by Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are the techniques which are used to replace missing teeth in a patient’s mouth. A dental bridge usually consists of two crowns with a false tooth “bridged” between. The dentist places the crowns on the teeth adjacent to the gap for strength and stability. Other options for replacing missing teeth include partial dentures and dental implants.
3. What do you mean by Dental Erosion?
Dental Erosion is the wearing down of the teeth in the form of fissures or queries and other mouth problems.
4. What is the treatment for tongue cancer?
Treatment of the tongue cancer will depend on the size of the cancer and its occupying area of spread i.e. from the lymph nodes in the neck. The best treatment of tongue cancers is surgery. Small cancers of the oral tongue can be quickly and successfully treated by surgical removal leaving behind little cosmetic or functional change. For the larger cancers that have spread to the lymph nodes in the neck combination of surgery and radiotherapy is needed.
5. What do you mean by Dental Caps or Crowns?
It is a process applied when a tooth is extremely damaged. In this a dental cap or crown may be used to restore its appearance and strength. Crowns use to cover the entire tooth and seal chipped or broken areas.
6. What do you mean by Dental Implants?
Dental implant is a technique which is used to replace missing teeth. A dental implant is a false tooth that is permanently fitted and secured to the jaw. In this process, a small titanium rod will be fixed into the jawbone and once the jawbone has adhered to the structure, a false tooth will be attached to it as its replica.
7. Do You Have Any Experience In A Medical Office?
I don’t have a lot of experience within the medical office but what i can assure you is that i am willing to learn what it takes to improve the hands on training that i have received during school.
8. Tell Me What Is Your Favorite Type Of Patient?
Every patient because they each bring their own uniqueness into the office and offer new personalities and I enjoy the variety of personality.
9. Tell Me What Made You Decide To Be A Dental Assistant?
I really enjoy working with other people and why not take care of others people teeth.
10. Explain What Dietary Fibre Is And List Out Some Of The Good Source Of Dietary Fibres?
Dietary fibre is composed of an edible parts of plants that can neither be absorbed nor digested by the small intestine and moves into the large intestine intact.
Some of the good sources of dietary fibre includes
Fruits: Pears, strawberries, blackberries, oranges, raspberries and all the fruits that can be eaten without peeling of its outside skin
Vegetables: Brussel sprouts, onion garlic, peas, green peas, broccoli, corn, etc.
Pulses: Chickpeas, lentils, beans and whole grains
11. Tell Me Have You Carried Out Any Phlebotomy Activities During Your Previous Job?
Yes but limited to dental treatments.
12. How Would You Manage Emergencies?
I can work calmly in hectic situations. While following the standard operating procedures, I am able to prioritize tasks according to the emergency severity and contact the doctor for specific instructions.
13. What Procedure You Use To Sterilize Dental Equipment?
Clean the instruments or rinse them off, then put them in a ultrasonic and then package and then put them in an autoclave.
14. Tell Me Can You Work Extended Shifts In The Absence Of Other Dental Assistants?
I am willing to work overtime, in nights and weekends as well.
15. Are You Familiar With The Equipment Sterilization And The Process Machines?
Yes! There are different machines used for this purpose and they have to be operated according to their operation manual. The machines need to be maintained and tested on regular basis. The dental equipment needs to be sterilized daily.
16. Are You Familiar With The Functioning Of X-ray Machines?
Yes. The IR certification and my previous job have allowed me to gain hands on experience in radiology/radiography. I can not only operate the machines but also handle exposing and imaging.
17. How To Manage Infection Control And Clinical Cleanliness?
Clinic’s standard procedures for infection control should be followed and taken care of while operating any/all equipment. The instruments should be properly sterilized, the disposable items should be properly disposed of e.g. breaking off injections and sending paper waste for recycling as well as managing all kinds of waste disposals, following appropriate control procedures for radiography, maintaining clean and sanitized water supply etc.
18. Tell Me Do You Hold Active Wa Dental Assistant Registration?
Yes! In addition, I possess an EFDA certification, OSHA training and an Intraoral Radiology Certification as well.
19. Tell Me What Checks Should Be A Dental Assistant Perform Before An Earlier Patient Arrives?
A Dental Assistant should accurately review patient’s medical/dental history for assisting the dentist. Changes in the medical history should be monitored. The appointments should be managed and the payment history should also be reviewed accordingly.
20. How Did You Handle Chair-side Experience With Children?
Out of every ten dental patients at Dental Habitat, two were children. I found it easy to handle children during a dental procedure because I can make them comfortable by diverting their attention to stories and jokes.
21. Do You Have Any Experience Of Dental Laboratory?
Yes, I do. I can effectively and accurately make casts and crowns. I can also make retainers and both temporary and permanent braces.
22. What Typical Tasks Are Performed In The Role Of A Dental Assistant?
I was responsible for both procedural and administrative support at Dental Habitat. From taking and recording patients information to providing support to complex dental procedures, I was expected to manage it all.
23. What Are Your Strengths As Dental Assistant?
I am highly dependable, efficient, quick learner and excellent at providing effective customer service. I have substantial knowledge and experience in 4 handed dentistry. I don’t work for getting the job done, I work to get appreciated and that makes me work extraordinarily well.
24. How You Feel That You Are Qualified For The Position Of A Dental Assistant?
I am registered as a dental assistant with the State of New Hampshire. I have worked as a dental assistant at Dental Habitat for three years which has prepared me well to work in a dental facility the caliber of Dental Aesthetics.
25. Tell Me How Well You Get Along With Other People?
Interpersonal skills are important for a dental assistant. Dental assistants are able to cooperate efficiently with the doctor and make the patient feel comfortable and safe while they prepare them for treatment or instruct them in dental matters.
26. What Initial Procedures Need To Undertake When A Patient Is Seated In Front Of The Doctor As A Dental Assistant?
Adjust the seat for the patients, set up aprons, put a new glass of water, offer napkins, arranging special instruments (if required) and the medicines, taking and recording patient’s blood pressure, etc. Hand in the patients file to the doctor and if the patient is not new, brief the doctor about the progress or the problems the patient is facing.
27. Define 4-handed Dentistry?
A method in which a dental assistant works closely with the dentist on the procedures being done in the mouth of a patient. This method decreases fatigue and improves the success of dental procedures.
28. How To Cope Many Tasks Which A Dental Assistant Typically Has To Deal With During An Average Day?
This is meant to test how much actual experience you have. Describe a typical day in some detail and explain how you manage it successfully: you are quick and always focused, you know the routine and have things ready beforehand or immediately when the patient comes in, etc.
29. Describe Your Qualifications As A Dental Assistant?
Besides education and specifics of where you worked, you can mention characteristics generally considered favorable:
- Manual dexterity,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Reliability, etc.
30. Tell Me What Key Traits A Dental Assistant Must Needs To Have?
- Well organized,
- Communication skills,