Dear Readers, Welcome to STEAM BOILERS Lab VIVA Questions and Answers have been designed specially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your Job interview for the subject of STEAM BOILERS Lab VIVA Questions. These STEAM BOILERS Lab VIVA Questions are very important for campus placement test and job interviews. As per my experience good interviewers hardly plan to ask any particular questions during your Job interview and these model questions are asked in the online technical test and interview of many IT & Non IT Industries.
1. Units used with pulverised coal fired boilers in order to reduce atmospheric pollution.
2. The coal and air pass directly from the pulveriser to the burners and the desired firing rate is regulated by the ratio of pulverising.
3. Type of pulveriser adaptable to highly abrasive fuels having high silica content.
4. It mixes and directs the flow of fuel and air so as to ensure rapid ignition and complete combustion.
5. Air initially mixed with the fuel to obtain rapid ignition and to act as a conveyor for the fuel.
6. Air introduced to the burners outside of the primary-air ports, in order to ensure complete combustion.
7. Type of atomiser used for providing an operating range of 10 to 1 in oil burners.
8. The burner tips in corner fired boiler are tilted to control
9. A furnace designed to burn low-ash-fusion coals and to retain most of the coal ash in the slag.
10. The pressure limit upto which drum type natural or assisted circulation boiler are restricted because of circulation of steam-separation characteristics.
11. Component to add heat to steam after evaporation in furnace.
12. Component to remove heat from the moderately low temperature combustion gases after superheat/reheat sections of the boiler unit.
13. Type of air heater in which the stationary metal parts form a separating boundary between the heating and cooling fluids, and the heat passes by conduction through the metal wall.
14. Type of air heater in which heat transferring members are moved alternately through the gas and air streams undergoing successive heating and cooling cycles and transferring heat by the internal storage capacity of the members.
15. Circulation produced in boiler by the difference in the densities of the water in the unheated downcomers and the steam-water mixture in the heated tubes.
16. In assisted circulation type of boilers, the quantity of water pumped (usually) in comparison to the amount of steam evaporated is
17. Boiler requiring no steam drum and using relatively small-diameter tubes.
18. Effect caused by the difference in densities of flue gases in chimney and surrounding air.
19. The greatest factor in the corrosion of steel surfaces in contact with water in boilers is
20. Dissolved oxygen is removed from feedwater for boiler in
21. Corrosion in boilers is prevented or minimised by maintaining boiler water.
22. The pH of a water sample can be determined accurately by the measurement of its
23. The elimination of hardness in boiler water is necessary to prevent.
1. electrostatic precipitators
2. direct fired system
3. slow-speed, rotating drum type
5. Primary air
6. Secondary air
7. Steam and air type
8. steam temperature
16. 4-6 times
17. once through type
19. dissolved oxygen
22. electrical potential
|Steam Boilers and Engines Interview Questions & Answers|
|Steam Boilers and Engines Multiple choice Questions|
|PROPERTIES OF STEAM Lab VIVA Questions & Answers|
|STEAM BOILERS Lab VIVA Questions & Answers|
|STEAM ENGINE Lab VIVA Interview Questions & Answers|
|STEAM TURBINES LAB VIVA Questions & Answers|