Dear Readers, Welcome to POWER SYSTEMS Interview Questions and Answers have been designed specially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your Job interview for the subject of POWER SYSTEMS. These POWER SYSTEMS Questions are very important for campus placement test and job interviews. As per my experience good interviewers hardly plan to ask any particular questions during your Job interview and these model questions are asked in the online technical test and interview of many IT & Non IT Industries.
1. What is the purpose of economic dispatch?
2. In which condition, the transmission losses are negligible in economic dispatch problem?
3. What is unit commitment?
4. Name the methods of finding economic dispatch.
5. What do you mean by base load method?
6. What is meant by total generator operating cost?
7. List the various constraints in the modern power systems.
8. What are the disadvantages of using participation factor?
9. What is the difference between load frequency controller and economic dispatch controller?
10. What is Lagrangian multiplier?
11. Write the coordination equation neglecting losses.
12. What are the assumptions for deriving loss coefficients?
13. Draw incremental fuel cost curve.
14. Write the quadratic expression for fuel cost.
15. What is system incremental cost?
16. Write the relationship between ? and power demand when the cost curve is given.
17. What is base load? 18. Define Lamda – iteration method
19. What is minimum fuel cost?
20. What are the difference between simple load dispach and economic load dispatch?