Glycolysis Interview Questions & Answers

Posted On:May 6, 2019, Posted By: Latest Interview Questions, Views: 1292, Rating :

Best Glycolysis Interview Questions and Answers

Dear Readers, Welcome to Glycolysis Objective Questions and Answers have been designed specially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your Job interview for the subject of Glycolysis Multiple choice Questions. These Objective type Glycolysis Questions are very important for campus placement test and job interviews. As per my experience good interviewers hardly plan to ask any particular question during your Job interview and these model questions are asked in the online technical test and interview of many Medical Industry.

1. Glycolytic pathway regulation involves

A. allosteric stimulation by ADP

B. allosteric inhibition by ATP

C. feedback, or product, inhibition by ATP

D. all of the above

Answer: D

 Interview Questions Glycolysis

2. During catabolism, only about 40% of the energy available from oxidizing glucose is used to synthesize ATP. Remaining 60%

A. is lost as heat

B. is used to reduce NADP

C. remains in the products of metabolism

D. is stored as fat.

Answer: A


3. Why does the glycolytic pathway continue in the direction of glucose catabolism?

A. There are essentially three irreversible reactions that act as the driving force for the pathway

B. High levels of ATP keep the pathway going in a forward direction

C. The enzymes of glycolysis only function in one direction

D. Glycolysis occurs in either direction

Answer: A


4. The released energy obtained by oxidation of glucose is stored as

A. a concentration gradient across a membrane




Answer: C


5. A kinase is an enzyme that

A. removes phosphate groups of substrates

B. uses ATP to add a phosphate group to the substrate

C. uses NADH to change the oxidation state of the substrate

D. removes water from a double bond

Answer: B


6. For every one molecule of sugar glucose which is oxidized __________ molecule of pyruvic acid are produced.

A. 1

B. 2

C. 3

D. 4

Answer: B


7. In the glycogen synthase reaction, the precursor to glycogen is

A. glucose-6-P

B. UTP-glucose

C. UDP-glucose

D. glucose-1-P

Answer: C


8. The active form of glycogen phosphorylase is phosphorylated, while the dephosphorylation of which active form occurs?

A. Glycogen synthase

B. Glycogen semisynthase

C. Glycogen hydrolase

D. Glycogen dehydrogenase

Answer: A


10. The enzymes of glycolysis in a eukaryotic cell are located in the

A. intermembrane space

B. plasma membrane

C. cytosol

D. mitochondrial matrix

Answer: C


11. When concentration of the reactants is higher than the equilibrium concentration then

A. the gibbs free energy will be positive

B. the gibbs free energy will be negative

C. more products will be formed

D. both (b) and (c)

Answer: D


12. Which of the following is not true of glycolysis?

A. ADP is phosphorylated to ATP via substrate level phosphorylation

B. The pathway does not require oxygen

C. The pathway oxidizes two moles of NADH to NAD+ for each mole of glucose that enters

D. The pathway requires two moles of ATP to get started catabo-lizing each mole of glucose

Answer: C


13. In glycolysis, ATP is formed by the transfer of a high-energy phosphate from 1,3-bisphosphoglycerate to ADR No such high-energy phosphate donor has ever been isolated in mitochondria because

A. the techniques for isolating the phosphate donor are not refined enough

B. no such phosphate donor exists

C. the high-energy phosphate donor is very short-lived and difficult to isolate

D. None of the above

Answer: B


14. ATP is from which general category of molecules?

A. Polysaccharides

B. Proteins

C. Nucleotides

D. Amino acids

Answer: C


15. The glycolytic pathway (glucose ? 2 pyruvate) is found

A. in all living organisms

B. primarily in animals excluding particles

C. only in eukaryotes

D. only in yeast

Answer: A