Best Data Capturing Objective type Questions and Answers
Dear Readers, Welcome to Data Capturing Objective Questions and Answers have been designed specially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your Job interview for the subject of Data Capturing Multiple choice Questions. These Objective type Data Capturing are very important for campus placement test and job interviews. As per my experience good interviewers hardly plan to ask any particular question during your Job interview and these model questions are asked in the online technical test and interview of many IT & Non IT Industry.
1) Which of the following methods is not automatic data capture? | Data Capturing Questions
A. Optical Mark Reading
B. Optical Character Recognition
C. Keying in Questionnaire Responses
D. Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
2) Which of the following would be the best method of collecting data about a customer’s personal details? | Data Capturing Questions
A. Data Capture Form
B. Bar Code Reader
C. Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
D. Speech Recognition
3) Is an application form an automatic method of data capture? | Data Capturing Questions
4) Keying data into a computerised system while the customer gives you their details verbally is... | Data Capturing Questions
A. Manual Data Capture
B. Automatic Data Capture
5) 1. When designing a data capture form you should consider the following...(Please indicate two correct answers) | Data Capturing Questions
A. A mixture of serif (curly) fonts
B. A Thank-You statement at the bottom of the form
C. At least 15 different colours
D. A company logo
6) A data capture form should contain instructions about how it should be completed? | Data Capturing Questions
7) People should be allowed to enter a date in whatever format they wish e.g. 19th May 1987, 19/05/1987, 19th May 87 etc. | Data Capturing Questions
8) If the form is being designed for a company then their company logo and colours should always be included in the data capture form? | Data Capturing Questions
9) It is a good idea to use as many closed questions as possible rather than open? | Data Capturing Questions
10) Data such as a customer’s address should be collected as one block of text? | Data Capturing Questions
11) It is acceptable to specify which colour of ink the respondant should fill out the data capture form with? | Data Capturing Questions
12) The questions on the data capture form should always be arranged compactly to fit all of them onto one page. | Data Capturing Questions
13) In this process, transparent originals are coated with a small amount of oil or gel to reduce scratches or imperfections. | Data Capturing Questions
A. Oil mounting
C. Lubricating Process
D. Emulsion Coating
14) ______ lights are a high-intensity flicker-free source of illumination that provides an alternative to the problems presented by tungsten lighting. | Data Capturing Questions
B. Candle light
C. Sun light
15) ________ are used to apply special effects to bitmap images. | Data Capturing Questions
16) This technology is used by flatbed scanners to assure uniform sharpness and high resolution of images regardless of they placements on the scanning area. | Data Capturing Questions
A. XY technology
B. CCD array
C. sweet spot
D. newton's rings
17) Digital cameras use what type of cards? | Data Capturing Questions
18) Drum scanners use _______ for gathering color information. | Data Capturing Questions
A. CMOS APS sensors
D. All of the above
19) _______ cameras are characterized by high-or ultra-high resolution and excellent noninterpolated color rendition. | Data Capturing Questions
20) _______ are used to isolate an area that you want to protect from change while applying color changes, filters, or other efefcts to the rest of the image. | Data Capturing Questions
21) _____________ is the increase of tonal contrast where light and dark tones come together at the edges of an image.
A. Unsharp masking
D. Oil mounting
22) What is the most commonly used light source for commercial studio photography?
23) This is a mathematical technique used to increase the apparent resolution of an image. Increases image resolution by adding data in intermediate shades of gray or color to surrounding areas.
B. Digital imaging
C. Drum scanning
D. XY technology
24) The screen ruling is the number of ruled _______________________________ on a halftone screen.
A. lines per inch
B. dots per inch
25) In an image-editing program, the _________________ displays the number of pixels affected in each part of the tonal scale and appears as a horizontal display of highlight, midtone, and shadow values
D. spatial resolution
26) Which type of cable provides faster data transmission?
27) These are light-sensing tubes composed of highly sensitive photocells that transform variations in light into electric currents.
28) ___________________ refers to the capability of a digital imaging device to address data in two dimensions, horizontal and vertical.
A. Spatial resolution
29) The photosensitive elements in a CCD are known as _________________
A. well sites
30) The standard color temperature reference for digital cameras and daylight film emulsions is ____________/
31) The light-gathering sensors used by flatbed scanners and digital cameras are called ___________________.
A. trilinear CCD arrays
32) The number of pixels or dots per inch in an image determines its _____________________
B. well site
D. CCD array
33. The two methods of data capture are called .......
A. manual and automatic
B. manual and validated
C. paper and paperless
D. validated and verified
34. Which of these uses a manual method of data capture?
A. Bar-code reader
B. Filling in a questionnaire by hand
C. Supermarket laser scanner
D. Temperature sensor
35. Market researchers use questionnaires to get data .......
A. as the data needed might be hard to obtain automatically
B. as they can change the questions to suit the person
C. because it is more accurate
D. because it means they can meet people face to face
36.Questionnaires and data capture forms .......
A. always need someone to key-in the results by hand
B. are always paper based and have to be stored in boxes
C. can sometimes be made machine readable
D. have to be filled in completely or are not useful
37. Which uses an automatic method of data capture?
38. Which is not a feature of automatic data capture?
A. Can be used in locations dangerous for humans
B. It is usually faster than manual data capture
C. It requires constant human supervision
D. It usually requires extra hardware
39. Data capture forms .......
A. need lots of graphics so people do not get bored
B. should ask for as much information as possible
C. should have a simple, easy to follow layout
D. should use the smallest size fonts to save paper
40. Data capture forms need careful design because .......
A. designers need to be kept employed
B. they reduce misunderstandings when being completed
C. they make the information more accurate
D. they make the information more reliable
41. Data capture forms need careful design .......
A. to make sure questions provide the required information
B. to make sure the right answers are given
C. to make the company look professional
D. to make the form look cool
42. Which of the following is not an automatic data capture method?
A. Optical character Recognition
B. Barcode Reader
C. Optical Mark reader
D. Flatbed scanner
43. Which of the following would be the most appropriate data capture method for reading the codes on packages, books and tins?
A. Barcode Reader
D. Flatbed Scanner
44. Which would be the most appropriate data capture method for scanning pencil marks on a specially designed form?
B. Barcode reader
45. Which would be the most appropriate data capture method for capturing and translating spoken words into digital text?
A. Speech recognition
B. Barcode Reader