Dear Readers, Welcome to Construction Engineering Interview Questions have been designed specially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your Job interview for the subject of Construction Engineering. These Construction Engineering Questions are very important for campus placement test and job interviews. As per my experience good interviewers hardly plan to ask any particular questions during your Job interview and these model questions are asked in the online technical test and interview of many IT companies.
? Lime stone and clay are ground to fine powder separately and are mixed together
? Water is added to make a thick paste which contains 14% of moisture
? The paste format are dried and off charged into a rotary kiln
? The product obtained often calcinations in rotary kiln
o The crushed raw materials are fed in to a ball mill and a little water is added
o The steel balls in the ball mill pulverized the raw material which form a slurry with water
o The slurry is passed through storage tanks where the proportioning of compound is adjusted to ensure desired chemical composition
The measurement of materials for making concrete is known as batching. Methods of batching Volume batching Weigh batching
This approach is widely used in precast concrete units.here the precast units are kept under warm and damp atmosphere of a steam chamber.
Non destructive testing is done on haredend concrete in non destructive testing methods soe properties of concrete are used to estimate strength durability ,elastic parameters,crack depth micro cracks and progressive deteriotion of concrete.
Slump test compressive test split tensile strength.
8. Initial Setting Time of Cement?
9. Final Setting Time of Cement?
10. List out Grades of Cement available in Market?
11. Apparatus used for Soundness of Cement?
12. Equipment used for Abrasion Test?
13. Equipment used for Attrition Test?
14. Workability Means?
15. List out Workability Tests?
16. Slump value required for RCC Slab?
17. What is Segregation of concrete?
18. List out various sizes of Coarse Aggregate used in Concrete?
19. Equipment used to test Compressive Strength of Concrete?
20. Size of Concrete Cubes?
21. What is the standard w/c value for nominal mix of concrete?
22. Density of Concrete?
23. No. of Cube samples required for testing Compressive Strength for 100 m3 of concrete?
24. List out Shape Tests on Coarse Aggregate?
25. Aggregate Impact value of material A is 15 and that of B is 35. Which one is better for surface course?
26. The abrasion value found from Los Angeles test for two aggregates A and B are 50% and 38% respectively. Which aggregate is harder?
27. Two materials have abrasion values 3 and 10 respectively. Which one is harder and why?
28. Define flash and fire points of Bitumen?
29. Define specific gravity?
30. What do you understand by the term 80/100 bitumen?
31. What is softening point?
32. If material A has softening point of 56 and B has 42 which binder is good and why?
33. List the factors that affect the result of a ductility test?
34. Explain the significance of ductility test?
35. Explain the term viscosity?
36. Explain aggregate crushing value. How would you express?
37. Aggregate crushing value of material A is 40 and that of B is 25. Which one is better and why?
38. How is aggregate impact value expressed?
39. Aggregate impact value material A is 20 and that of B is 45. Which one is better for surface course? Why?